It’s never explicit and there is no single answer. Bethesda has stated that the world of Tamriel is “huge”, but they also state it’s not the size of Earth, so we don’t know for sure just how huge this vast land really is.
The “how big is vvardenfell” is a question that has been asked for years. I tried to measure by myself, but it was difficult.
First and foremost, I’d like to state that I prefer a smaller, well-designed zone over a large blank one. I’m just doing it because I’m curious.
Figures found on the internet:
I didn’t find any official regions, however while searching on Google, certain statistics often emerge.
– At the usual size of ESO’s map, Tamriel is around 400 square kilometers inside a rectangular rectangle of 26×20 kilometers. (Inside the region, there are 120 sq km of waters, thus the total area is 520 sq km.)
– The scale of Cyrodil is bigger than that of the other zones. It’s around 9 kilometers broad. The grid is 1010=100 square kilometers, while the playing area is roughly 50 square kilometers.
There were several oddities:
Someone pointed out that the use of distance in skill descriptions is strange. For example, Circle of Protection is meant to have a 5m radius, but in game, the radius is either 2.5m or my character is 3.5m tall (11ft 5in for americans).
I didn’t get the impression that the planet was as huge as the stats suggested when traveling across it.
ESO has about the same size as TES3 Morrowind, TES4 Oblivion, and TES5 Skyrim, with the exception of The Cyrodil PVP Area and the beginning Islands of Bleakrock, Khenarti’s Roost, Stros’M Kai, and Behtnik. That was acknowledged by the developers, especially in the case of Morrowind, where they said that they immediately exported the ground of the original game into the ESO engine to serve as a reference.
According to this source, Vvardenfell covers around 24 square kilometers.
12005808 B7rBN.jpg (imgur.com). That would be in line with the 400 square kilometers mentioned before, with Vvardenfell accounting for around 6% of Tamriel’s total land area.
However, I just realized that 24 square kilometers is the size of the total game grid area, not the size of the island’s playable region. Vvardenfell island is only half the size of the grid in both directions, as seen on the map when you activate the grid (UESP:Morrowind Map v2), therefore it’s only 6 square kilometers instead of 24. In both ESO and TES 3, the island is 32 kilometers long.
What I used to evaluate myself was:
Knowing this, I went ahead and examined several other distances in the game.
– Summerset is about 5 minutes of horse galloping at maximum pace (30 km/h) from south (Dusk Keep) to north (Veyond Wyte), or around 2.5 kilometers.
– Running (not sprinting) from Windhelm to Gideon takes around 45 minutes at 10 kilometers per hour, or 7.5 kilometers. As it is not in a straight line, it should be cut to 6.5 or 7 kilometers.
-Galloping at maximum speed (30km/h) from Northern Morrowind Gate to Northern High Rock Gate takes 9 minutes, resulting in a distance of 4.5 kilometers.
— In ESO, a meter is half the size of a real-life meter!
– The primary zones of Tamriel in-game are around 100 square kilometers inside a 13×10-kilometer rectangle. (Km in real life)
— ESO is about the same size as TES3 Morrowind, TES4 Oblivion, and TES5 Skyrim, with the exception of The Cyrodil PVP Area and the beginning Islands of Bleakrock, Khenarti’s Roost, Stros’M Kai, and Behtnik.
– Cyrodil is around 4.5 kilometers wide and has a bigger size than other zones when compared to the globe map. (The grid is 55=25 square kilometers, and the playing area is roughly 12 square kilometers.) (Km in real life)
Are you looking for PC games to play? Here are all of the new PC games to keep an eye on in 2021.
The pace of PlayStation 4 game releases isn’t going to slow down in 2021. Here’s everything to look forward to in the coming months.
I tried to measure the size of Tamriel by myself. I found that the in-game map is about 12 square kilometers. Reference: how big is cyrodiil.
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is Tamriel in real?
A: Tamriel is a map in the Elder Scrolls series. It has been described as being 150,000 square miles across and it contains numerous cities with their own cultures including The Imperial City of Cyrodiil.
How big is Skyrim actually?
A: The size of Skyrim is 4.5 GBs
How big is Tamriel Unlimited?
A: Tamriel Unlimited is the largest map in any Elder Scrolls game to date. It has over 18,000 individual cells and 1 billion unique combinations of landscapes you can visit.
- how big is tamriel
- why is tamriel so small
- how big is tamriel compared to earth
- how big is skyrim in lore
- map of tamriel